UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Sep 2020, 7:55 am   #1
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Yaesu FT857D switch off problem

Hi
A problem has just developed on my FT857D, when I turn it off the display is still illuminated. If I power down the PSU it goes off and then stays off when I switch on the PSU. When I turn the radio on it comes on OK but still wont switch off correctly. On one occasion of cycling it off and on again, the external meter was showing FSD.

Please can someone advise what the problem could be.
Do you think a general reset may fix the problem.
How do you do a general reset?
Will a general reset effect the wideband on the radio.

Thanks

Mike
Old 25th Sep 2020, 8:27 am   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Yaesu FT857D switch off problem

I did a CPU general reset, see page 119 of user manual.
[HOME] + POWER on: CPU master reset for all memories and menu settings.

It would not turn on afterwards, but a power down of the PSU and turn on again, and the radio came on automatically.
Turn off problem fixed, and the memories and settings were not lost as it seems they would be in the instructions.

Mike
Closed Thread