UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Jul 2020, 12:17 pm   #41
poppydog
Banned

Default Re: ITT Schaub-Lorenz Tiny Super - sounds horrid!

Why not do as crackle stated back in post 33 and look at those 2 caps that he arrowed for you? You could always bridge (observing polarity) them in turn with a known good cap and see if it makes any difference.

poppydog
Old 6th Jul 2020, 12:39 pm   #42
chipbutty
Triode

Yes that's my next step. I'll see if I can get hold of some the same spec. I'm inexperienced with components and electronic workings in general even though I can solder pretty well. I had a look on Farnell and RS Online but couldn't find suitable replacements in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Why not do as crackle stated back in post 33 and look at those 2 caps that he arrowed for you? You could always bridge (observing polarity) them in turn with a known good cap and see if it makes any difference.

poppydog

Last edited by chipbutty; 6th Jul 2020 at 1:07 pm. Reason: update
Old 6th Jul 2020, 12:42 pm   #43
chipbutty
Triode

True. I wasn't expecting a bass monster Just some bass. It has so little bass the sound is harsh and fatiguing. It's a lovely looking radio and I can get it apart in less than a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriff View Post
Let's face it this radio was called the Tiny Super for a reason. Such a small radio isn't going to have startling bass characteristics. After all it was designed with 'go anywhere' portability in mind and not stunning audio performance. It looks to me to be a very pleasing example of its type.

Alan
Closed Thread