UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jun 2008, 8:09 pm   #41
villelaustela
Pentode

Default Re: A Philips GM5655 oscilloscope - any hope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio263 View Post
that had a circuit diagram and parts list in the back. The capacitor values were written in an odd way because the "nanofarad" unit was not in widespread use in the early 50s, because of that you get either hundreds of thousands of picofarads or tiny decimals of microfarads.
The manual in neatherlands? I have that one, found by googling. I have found so far the /02 version manual that has a drawing of the component layout too. It seems to be almost the same. I think I linked it in some previous post

I was thinking about the voltages they are ranged - I'd like to buy news and I feel it kind a useless to buy some 630v caps just for the fact I don't know the original rates. It's of course the easies way and etc but it would be easier to know if some of the caps could be a lower voltage... The main problem is that I can't buy from Farnell and the finnish Farnell doesn't sell for private individuals and I have to go thrue other component seller. Well, now I have been checking and I SHOULD be able to get parts yes.

I have been lazy with this project lately as I have been busy by other work - school in this case. But now in summer I could have time for that little scope....

And yes: it is nice scope!
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 9:15 pm   #42
ScopeMonkey
Pentode

villelaustela: I live near Farnell UK's headquarters/trade counter. If you could put together a list of what you need from the Farnell UK catalogue, and send the money (plus postage) by PayPal, I'd be quite happy to go buy it all and send it by post to you.

Studio263: Sadly, when I bought the scope at the NVCF bring 'n' buy, it didn't have the instruction manual with it. I wonder what's happened to it Anyone out there know?
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 9:37 pm   #43
villelaustela
Pentode

ScopeMonkey: that would be just great!

I will post you later with the list - I already have it somewhere I think. The local shop that sells Farnell's products is not one of my favourites as they had quite a high postages to everything and in most cases they turn my orders back if something is not available immediately... But thanks to you ScopeMonkey - I will get back to you later with the list.
Closed Thread