UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 4th Mar 2018, 6:14 pm   #1
Tractionist
Heptode

Default 7v 0.30A dial bulbs?

Hi Guys,

Anyone know where I can get one or two 7v 0.30 MES/E10 dial bulbs [the elongated/non-spherical capsule ones] at a reasonable price?

I see that Amazon have them for approx. £5.00 for ten - this unit price seems fair .... but I only require one or two!
Old 11th Mar 2018, 7:38 am   #2
broadgage
Nonode

Default Re: 7v 0.30A dial bulbs?

I appreciate that this is not directly answering the question, but I would be inclined to try 6v/6.3/6.5v 0.3a bulbs.

If for use in parallel with 6.3 volt valve heaters, then they will be fine.
If for series burning as part of a 0.3a heater chain, then the correct current is more important than the voltage, within reason and 6 volt lamps will be fine.

If for some odd use on a true 7 volt supply, then 6/6.3/6.5 volt lamps will have a reduced life, but probably acceptable in practice.
Remember that lamps described as "6 volt" are used as dashboard indicators on older cars on about 7 volts, that being the voltage of a 6 volt battery when the engine is running. They last years despite engine vibration and rough roads.
Closed Thread