UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2008, 6:02 am   #1
maclane
Retired Dormant Member

Default Windsor (Taylor?) 45B Valve Tester meter.

i think something wrong with the meter, do you think it can be replaced by a few of extended mA &/or Volts meter!

thanks for your help!
Rgds
maclane

Last edited by Station X; 21st May 2008 at 7:58 am. Reason: Email address removed to comply with forum rules
Old 31st May 2008, 9:04 pm   #2
WME_bill
Octode

Default Re: Windsor (Taylor?) 45B Valve Tester meter.

You ask about fitting a digital meter to replace the meter in a Windsor 45B Valve Tester. I can only speak for the Taylor/Windsor 45C. I would expect the 45B to be effectively the same. From my notes, the meter is 250 microamp, 400ohm resistance, so 100 mV. If you can get a digital meter to match both resistance and full scale deflection, then congratulations. You will not be able to just use 100Mv, as the meter is shunted variously for the Mutual Conductance tests, to 410ua for Shorts, 27ma for Rectifier etc. I suspect try to get an analogue meter, 50ua to 250ua, and work out the shunts to give you the 250ua/400ohm equivalent. Bill. m0wpn
Closed Thread