UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 26th May 2008, 10:13 am   #1
Alan Stepney
Rest in Peace

Default Hartley CT436 problems

A few days ago I tried my CT436, only to find that it isnt working.

Symptoms:
1. Trace faint, out of focus and blooms at the slightest provocation.
2. Brightness control of Y1 doesnt work. (Y2 is OK).
3. Flyback suppression appears to be inoperative.
("Appears" as it is hard to tell with such a faint trace.)

A vary quick check revealed that the -1500 volt EHT line is actually -1100.
The -1640 line is obviously low as well, and all the other supplies appear to be OK.

The -1100 can be varied between roughly -1000 and -1100, by adjustment of the appropriate pot.

The voltages around V17 (eht control valve) dont appear unreasonable, and the valve itself is OK.

These are not the easiest sets to work on, and the circuit is fairly complex (needlessly so around the eht area), so before I start diving in to it, is there anyone with experience of these sets, who knows of common faults?

It just might, he said hopefully, be something common and simple to fix!
Closed Thread