UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Sep 2018, 10:13 am   #1
simpsons
Octode

Default RBM Type 55 405/625 pattern generator

Being a little "nice but dim", I couldn't work out how to attach the above schematic as a private message so, for all members who have one of these beasties it is here.

One favour though, should someone have the service manual please let me know.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RBM Type 55 Pattern Generator.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	168949  
Old 9th Sep 2018, 12:29 pm   #2
neil29
Heptode

Default Re: RBM Type 55 405/625 pattern generator

I've yet to actually tidy the case or get my one working properly even though I've had it a fair while now.
Old 10th Sep 2018, 9:37 am   #3
dragonser
Heptode

Hi,
this is very interesting, thank you.
It looks a " similar " design to a Labgear E5180a. On the Labgear generator I found that some of the resistors had gone high in value.. but there seem to be a couple of other possible faults as well.
Old 10th Sep 2018, 10:08 am   #4
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsons View Post
One favour though, should someone have the service manual please let me know.
I have one of these and the TPG55 circuit, waveforms and voltages were published in an edition of Rank Bush Murphy's "Service Skill - its dealer service department update newsletter.

I have scans of the above and of the user instructions booklet. PM me with your email address and I send them to you. They are high resolution, so won't be clear if I upload them into this thread.

However, I have never come across a service manual, detailing the set-up adjustments for the many preset pots inside.
Closed Thread