UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Aug 2008, 4:21 pm   #21
SPCh
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Taylor 130C insulation tester - a question.

Sorry, I got detached; only just seen the revised circuit and subsequent exchanges.

It looks much better now (and it seems to work well, though I'm still going to check the sums !).

GMB has to be right about the 270 k connection - try putting a C across your 10M testpiece, and see how much longer (without pressing the charge button) it takes to give the right value.

Satisfactory conclusion, and we've all learned a bit. Expensive on the booze, though !
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 9:03 am   #22
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: Taylor 130C insulation tester - a question.

I did actually connect the tags together and the switch was OK - it's quite a robust and open device. My test "C" was a yard of twin flex and the meter did not come up instantly - a second or two with the 10M res.

Oh well - back to dealing with simpler things with more than a few resistors and a meter in them.

GMB and SPCh, thanks for a very interesting discourse; I'll close the thread now, but if anyone finds one of these or any literature regarding it, please PM me as I would be very interested indeed to look at its innards!