UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jul 2022, 8:30 pm   #1
broglet
Triode

Default Armstrong 625 restoration

The tuning indicator cum signal strength meter has stopped working with the needle stopped at the centre. Any ideas how to get it going again would be appreciated.

Also most of the radio tuning presets have stopped working. I've tried squirting contact cleaner on them but no joy. Any ideas?
Old 27th Jul 2022, 9:44 pm   #2
Analogue man
Hexode

Default Re: Armstrong 625 restoration

That smacks of a power supply fault but I don't know enough about this tuner to be sure. The diagram on Jim Lesurf's web site suggests that the 45v line is the one to look at as it supplies both the pre-sets and the tuning meter.
Old 27th Jul 2022, 10:04 pm   #3
stevehertz
Dekatron

In my experience 50% of the meters on this line of Armstrong units are faulty. Could be something else of course.
Old 28th Jul 2022, 3:16 pm   #4
Trevor
Octode

Does the manual tuning still work ?
Even when the units were new the meters did fail quite often not terrible but enough to be annoying
I use to retail these at the time
Closed Thread