UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 7th Mar 2023, 4:19 pm   #1
red16v
Heptode

Default Ex-BBC equipment - But be quick if interested.

Next auction of ex-BBC equipment.

(Shame to see more interest in an upright vacuum cleaner than piles of ex-broadcast quality digital VTR's. Some day, someone somewhere will be desperate to play tapes on these. If only I had the room).

https://www2.ppauctions.com/auction/...page=30&page=1
Old 7th Mar 2023, 9:07 pm   #2
beamcurrent
Heptode

Default Re: Ex-BBC equipment - But be quick if interested.

I have often thought there was a "bathtub" curve for the value of broadcast kit. It starts life costing a kings ransom, then as technology rolls on it becomes almost worthless and trundles along the bottom of the curve till after some long time it starts to rise up the other side.

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV Camera Museum
Old 7th Mar 2023, 9:28 pm   #3
stainless
Tetrode

Some of this looks dreadfully familiar - which department did it come from?
Old 7th Mar 2023, 10:01 pm   #4
Cathovisor
Banned

It was from the Archive section and I can see Post Production EAW barcodes on some items.

I looked at the 24-track A820 and was overcome with waves of nostalgia, remembering them cropping up in all manner of places (we'll gloss over the time I nearly crashed one into a wall in VT Area 4). I don't know where the A807s came from as in Studios we used A812s as we felt they were a bit more robust.

Last edited by Cathovisor; 7th Mar 2023 at 10:09 pm.
Closed Thread