UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Dec 2019, 8:05 pm   #1
Mule101
Diode

Default Grundig 4A repair

Hello,

I have recently got one of these: https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/grundi...a_rc400ms.html

The autochanger spindle has fallen out, and I would love to repair it. I have managed to remove the black turntable deck, and I can see a spring has also come loose.

To fix this I need to remove the whole turntable to get underneath it. Anyone know how?

Cheers,
Old 9th Dec 2019, 12:59 am   #2
simpsons
Octode

Default Re: Grundig 4A repair

There are a couple of posts posts this site from members with this radiogram which can be found by searching Bergamo GB (Grundig) who are best to deal with the turntable itself.

Generally, the turntable can be removed following removal of the back cover enabling access to the underneath of the unit. The turntable can be released from the plinth by first disconnecting the audio and mains connections and then, where the suspension springs are located, turn the securing clips through 90 degrees. The unit is then withdrawn.

Ideally, you need to obtain the turntable service manual.

Chris
Old 9th Dec 2019, 1:13 am   #3
simpsons
Octode

Ah, as I thought, the turntable is a Philips Model 22GC060. The Service Manual is available on Vinyl Engine and Electrotanya.

Chris
Old 9th Dec 2019, 2:41 pm   #4
Mule101
Diode

Chris - Thank you for the speedy reply!
Old 10th Dec 2019, 12:53 am   #5
Michael Maurice

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsons View Post
Generally, the turntable can be removed following removal of the back cover enabling access to the underneath of the unit. The turntable can be released from the plinth by first disconnecting the audio and mains connections and then, where the suspension springs are located, turn the securing clips through 90 degrees. The unit is then withdrawn.

Chris

Not on these models, you may find underneath the turntable are two screws securing metal tabs which when the screw is undone move back and allow the turntable to be lifted out.

Otherwise at the front of the record deck you can just about get a screwdriver in to move a bar which is holding the deck in.

CAUTION: With the turntable removed, there are three small ball bearings which can fall out and get lost. Its best to remove them when the deck is in situ.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 5th Jan 2020, 11:27 am   #6
Mule101
Diode

Thank you for the information so far.

I have lifted the turntable out and have found two different loose spindles that must have slipped under the table when a previous owner was trying to repair it. Neither spindle looks like the correct one, anyone know where I could buy one from?
Closed Thread