UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 2nd Dec 2019, 12:33 pm   #1
Chris55000
Heptode

Default Mullard E7600 HSVT FREE but please Collect!

Hi!

I was lucky enough to find an E7600/4 that is restorable with bits from the 7600/3 I bought myself, so the E7600 I was given is now surplus, and FREE to any member who can collect!

It is an UNCOMPLETED project but I believe most was done and it will also need an EL37/6L6 to finish it as the one with it was too low emission to use!

There WILL be a hat drawn by my friend Steve to choose the lucky recipient!

I will also have some test cards going for 50p each/set for multi-valves - I'll post separately for these put please PM me any numbers needed so I can check if I have them spare!

Chris Williams
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 1:38 pm   #2
Sinewave
Heptode

Default Re: Mullard E7600 HSVT FREE but please Collect!

Can I put my name down for this one please.
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 11:54 pm   #3
Chris55000
Heptode

Hi!

Noted & placed in my friend's hat!

I'm going to allow 14 days to give more Members a chance to put their names in before my friend chooses the lucky recipient!

Chris Williams
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 6:53 am   #4
PsychMan
Octode

Can I be entered into the hat please?

Best regards
Adam
PsychMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 8:42 am   #5
Electronpusher0
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris55000 View Post
Hi!

it will also need an EL37/6L6 to finish it as the one with it was too low emission to use!

Chris Williams
By adding a link on the valve base between pins 1 and 8 an EL34 can be subsituted for the horrendously expensive EL37.
The EL37 has both G3 and K on pin 8 whereas the EL34, which replaced the EL37, has G3 on pin 1.

Peter
Electronpusher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 9:24 am   #6
Chris55000
Heptode

Hi!

Added!

I'll add a link from G3 to cathode on the EL37 base before the Winning Member comes for it!

Chris Williams
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 8:11 pm   #7
Icttutor
Triode

Could I go in the hat please. Best wishes, Martyn.
Icttutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2019, 11:29 pm   #8
Chris55000
Heptode

Evening Martyn!

Your name's in!

Chris Williams
Old 4th Dec 2019, 3:36 am   #9
Uncle Bulgaria
Hexode

I would also like to leap into the hat, if I may.

Do you have any requirement for the collection to happen by a particular date? Only that I'm in Edinburgh and driving back to Cornwall, but likely before you've drawn the hat! If I were the lucky one, it would have to be FCS in the short term...
Uncle Bulgaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2019, 7:30 am   #10
Chris55000
Heptode

Hi!

No, I can keep it as long as necessary!

Now added!

Chris Williams
Old 5th Dec 2019, 11:31 pm   #11
Chris55000
Heptode

Hi!

Update:–

I have one set of the Mullard Card Index dated 1964 – I'll be wanting to keep the originals for my E7600/4 but I will scan the cards A3–size and provide a link to download them!

There is one original T.C. connector with it and all the metalwork is there but I was only given a few of the screws and bolts, so the lucky Winning Member will need to sort out some 0BA, 2BA and 4BA cheese–head and raised countersunk–head screws and 0BA, 2BA & 4BA brass nuts to complete the instrument with!

One of the new can electrolytics is smaller in diameter than the original capacitor clip on the chassis – I suggest a piece of thin rubber or plastic strip to secure the capacitor in the old clip, however you can get vertical clips with slotted mounting holes to fit the modern replacement type capacitors exactly from RS, etc!

To the best of my belief the transformers are free from serious leakage problems but as has being suggested by other Members, warming the transformers for a few hours with about 20–25V d.c. across the primaries may prove helpful!

There is a few rusty patches on some of the metalwork and the handles really need re–chroming or replacement if the instrument is put on display!

Chris Williams