UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Nov 2019, 6:47 pm   #1
Wendymott
Octode

Default Mini Pallets

Hi Peeps.... Been at it again.. I have a number of varying types of SMD transistors Mainly SOT 23 types.... and those of you in the know, know they are so fiddly and are virtually impossible to use in test lash ups.
As I had spare capacity on one board blank recently I generated artworks to make a number of "mini pallets" for these devices... to enable me to include devices in test lash ups, with the correct/final devices.
I Made 3 and 4 pin pallets, and as can be seen one has the device fitted with legs that are useful

Yes I know, the photo's are not the finest, but it shows the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Module 1.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	193846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Module 2.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	193847   Click image for larger version

Name:	2X Module.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	193848  

Regards
Wendy G8BZY
Old 17th Nov 2019, 6:52 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Mini Pallets

That's really rather a cunning style: I remember a while back seeing some professionally-made 'sleds' used to fit SMD chips in place of their now-unavailable 14/16/24-pin DIL predecessors.
Old 18th Nov 2019, 12:35 am   #3
Terry_VK5TM
Nonode

Wendy, put 'SOT23 adapter' into a search engine, it will give you idea's to make them so that you can stand them end on and take up less space.
Old 18th Nov 2019, 12:29 pm   #4
Wendymott
Octode

Thanks Terry....I guessed there maybe some out there..but I needed them NOW...and I had spare capacity on a module I was making...so I thought.. I would share it with the forum.. I like the vertical option though.. so I will re engineer and make a selection.

Regards
Wendy G8BZY
Closed Thread