UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Jan 2021, 4:38 pm   #1
Zodiac63

Default Philips 22AC460 Car Radio/Cassette

You'll all probably think this is a stupid question, but...............
Does anyone have any ideas on being able to tap into the front ON/Off/Volume switch to get a power out feed? I'd like to be able to do that to switch a bluetooth receiver unit on at the same time. There is a rear output for auto aerial, which powers the aerial up at 'on' and vice versa, but I'm not sure if it is permanently live.
The unit is in a 1963 Ford Zodiac MkIII that I am restoring. Looking to keep the Phillips unit for visual effect and use it to light up, power the aerial, and power up the bluetooth receiver.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Bob
Dorset.
Old 23rd Jan 2021, 4:57 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Philips 22AC460 Car Radio/Cassette

Why not just use a meter to check whether the aerial up lead stays live while the radio is switched on?

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 23rd Jan 2021, 5:10 pm   #3
Reelman
Octode

Default Re: Philips 22AC460 Car Radio/Cassette

If your radio is anything like the Philips AC860 then the aerial feed is live all the time the radio is on and will fulfil the function you require. As far as I know automatic aerials require power all the time they need to be raised, they don’t just require a pulse to raise/lower. They are not that sophisticated!

Peter
Closed Thread