UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Apr 2021, 3:58 pm   #1
Danday56
Triode

Default Dynatron music centre.

I have a Dynatron music centre with a Goldring G101 turntable.

It seems to be running slow, I have replaced the belt and lubricated the motor, but when timing the deck 33 is at just over 31, and 45 at 43. Any advice please?
Old 5th Apr 2021, 4:09 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron music centre.

These decks never ran at exactly the correct speed even when new. For a 50 year old deck your measurement shows that it's holding up quite well. I suggest you get double check all the linkages and the alignment of the motor mounting. It might also be worthwhile to try to source the Service Manual.
Old 5th Apr 2021, 11:26 pm   #3
jamesperrett
Octode

Default Re: Dynatron music centre.

Does the new belt have a triangular cross section? As I understand it, square section belts don't work as well in this turntable.
Closed Thread