UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Mar 2021, 8:01 pm   #21
Alf Fisher
Hexode

Default Re: What is perceived better radio, the Larkspur R209 or the R210?

I recently bought a R210 and built a mains power supply that feeds directly in and and it works very well and the internal power supply isnt used.

Regarding a speaker, I used a small 4W 100 volt line matching transformer connecting the input to the 1W and 2W taps.

Perhaps its not a perfect match but its very good and loud.

Alf

Last edited by Alf Fisher; 27th Mar 2021 at 8:07 pm. Reason: I adjusted the phrasing to make more sense.
Old 27th Mar 2021, 8:42 pm   #22
AdrianH
Octode

Did you find a suitable mains transformer or rewind one?

I have plans to rewind an old one I have, I bought a job lot of them from Ebay, so keep dipping into them from time to time. The 12 way connector to match the R210 is proving to be a difficult to get at a reasonable price as all seem to be on cables to suit the C11 combo but would mean I could keep the set mainly original, well the case anyway.

Adrian
Old 27th Mar 2021, 9:23 pm   #23
Alf Fisher
Hexode

I had several old transformers that have 6.3 @ 5A and 195 volts at 60mA. They're admiralty rated so you can pretty much double the ratings. I made the power unit with a 24 volt relay inside so the set can also run on 24 volts if that's available where there's no mains supply.
I was given a 12 way Plessey coarse thread connector with half a metre of cable with the set but they are available on ebay etc. You're best to get one with the black insert so the insert can be moved to the correct orientation - there are 6 possibilities.

Alf
Closed Thread