UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Feb 2017, 10:08 pm   #1
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Volunteers sought for new Repair Cafe

Following on from the interest shown in this thread from post#19 onwards, I thought I'd post here the most recent press coverage concerning the new Repair Cafe serving the Kidderminster district of Worcestershire, which opens on 4th March.

We are particularly looking for electrically-competent volunteer repairers, and I couldn't think of a better potential source of suitable talent than the members of this Forum! I'm also circulating the details to the local Amateur Radio Clubs.

Many thanks.

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	138167  

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts

Last edited by Phil G4SPZ; 24th Feb 2017 at 10:11 pm. Reason: Hyperlink corrected
Old 25th Feb 2017, 3:47 pm   #2
frankmcvey
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Volunteers sought for new Repair Cafe

Hi, Phil,

I shouldn't have thought that it would have been too difficult to find volunteers in your area, given that you have the No 1 School of Technical Training at RAF Cosford, just 20 miles up the road. There must be hundreds of technical instructors and retired technical instructors in the area!

There's a quarterly Station magazine, the Cosford Grapevine; it might be worthwhile calling the Officer i/c, Sqn Ldr Wilson, (01902 372393 and ask for Ext 7216) with a view to publicizing the Repair Cafe in the magazine and asking for volunteers.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Frank
Old 25th Feb 2017, 6:01 pm   #3
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Volunteers sought for new Repair Cafe

Thanks for that, Frank. I'll give him a call on Monday.

I circulated the details to four local Amateur Radio clubs last night, and have got one potential new volunteer already! More are still needed...

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts

Last edited by Phil G4SPZ; 25th Feb 2017 at 6:02 pm. Reason: Grammar
Closed Thread