UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Dec 2009, 10:12 pm   #41
mhennessy
Dekatron

Default Re: TVONICS Freeview with Modulator!

By complete coincidence, I've just done the same with a Prism - this takes 800-850mA when working, and ~600mA in Standby. According to the manual, it should consume 6.2W on, and 5.5W in Standby (remember that the supplied PSU is 5.3W!). For the (newer) MFR-200, the quoted values are 5W and 1.5W.

So the quoted values have some "headroom", but aren't massively over-rated. Wonder if they're measured at the mains input? That would suggest a PSU efficiency of around 70% - not unrealistic...

The Prism doesn't run warm, but it's in a much larger case which is an aluminium extrusion...
Old 7th Dec 2009, 10:32 pm   #42
paulsherwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewhouse View Post
Displaying a Freeview image current drawn was between 608mA and 615mA.
WOW

I stand corrected Matty.

Paul
Old 8th Dec 2009, 8:09 pm   #43
matthewhouse
Octode

I know I was surprised too, this makes it more difficult to power. I wanted to use the separate internal 12v psu that powers the tv to power the TVonics once I built it in. This way it would also be powered when run from a 12V battery. This would almost certainly overload the mains PSU as I doubt there is much headroom designed in.
Closed Thread