UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Apr 2018, 9:12 am   #21
trobbins
Heptode

Default Re: Voltage doubling for heater circuits

If you only power the 14R7, then that minimises the load drawn by the doubler to 150mA. If you then use UF4007 and keep the filtering capacitances to the bare minimum then you may not notice any additional hum.

Suck it and see
Old 17th Apr 2018, 7:19 pm   #22
Miguel Lopez
Heptode

If you're running the 14X7 on 220V mains, then an option would be to conect the heater in series with a 2,2uF capacitor and connect it directly to mains, if there is no problem having live parts in the circuit.
Old 19th Apr 2018, 12:14 am   #23
FrankB
Heptode

I have seen a circuit published in several places that doubles 6.3 v to 12.6. Its used to replace the hard to find/ spendy 6E5/6U5 with a Russian version.
A friend did it and it worked fine.

If you want to stick with an original tube, let me know. Likely I have one stashed away, may be used or NOS. Yours for the postage.
Closed Thread