UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Mar 2020, 10:53 am   #21
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Teac AG-H350 No Audio

The power goes from the power transformer to the rectifier and smoothing capacitors and then onto the power amplifier.

In your case, the power amplifier is on a separate board, so its easy to disconnect.

As the fuses blew without the power amp connected, it leaves only the bridge rectifier and smoothing capacitors, though not impossible, its unlikely the smoothing caps would have failed which leaves the bridge rectifier.

As an aside, I would have reached the same conclusion very quickly had the power supply and amplifier been on the same board.

A few posts earlier you stated you didn't find any shorts. if it was me, I'd have measured the resistance of each output transistor C-E if none were short, it would point to the bridge rectifier.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 16th Apr 2020, 4:23 pm   #22
Miggi03
Triode

Hello, part finally turned up. I got round to fitting it just now and both fuses F701 and F702 blew at the same time on KUP11468-3. I'm really lost now. Hope everyone is keeping well during these times.

Thanks for reading,.

Michael.
Old 16th Apr 2020, 5:45 pm   #23
Michael Maurice

I’ll send you a PM.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 16th Apr 2020, 6:03 pm   #24
Radio Wrangler

That's the power of this forum. There's a number of seriously experienced repairers around who have built up a formidable amount of knowledge of the usual faults on a wide range of domestic equipment. This makes them fast. Fast was very important in order to be profitable in the repair business.

I come from a background as a designer. Maybe this helps with versatility, being able to analyse things I've never seen before, but it makes me glacially slow, and I'm staggered by how fast the experienced repairers are.

David
Old 16th Apr 2020, 7:40 pm   #25
Miggi03
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maurice View Post
I’ll send you a PM.
Thank you Michael.
Closed Thread