UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Nov 2020, 4:21 pm   #1
Radio tirana
Tetrode

Default Maplin Nicam Tuner

Hi
Found this in my loft while looking for something else. Not much use to me.
Seems a shame to bin it, If anyone has a use for it or any parts from it you are welcome FOC.
Postage only.

Kind Regards RT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201120_151045_resized_20201120_033654790.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	220831  
Old 21st Nov 2020, 4:19 pm   #2
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Re: Maplin Nicam Tuner

Strictly it's not Nicam, although it was part of the Maplin Nicam receiver project (along with a separate Nicam decoder board).

The unit offered here takes in an analogue UHF TV signal and provided composite video, mono audio (I think there's both 5.5MHz and 6MHz outputs if you see what I mean) and the Nicam carrier. Tuning can be done by simply connecting a potentiometer to the board.

I still use one to provide composite video from home computers with just a UHF TV output.
Old 23rd Nov 2020, 6:38 pm   #3
Radio tirana
Tetrode

Default Re: Maplin Nicam Tuner

This item has found a new home with Radiograham.
Mods Please close.

Kind regards RT
Closed Thread