UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2019, 12:36 am   #21
Argus25
No Longer a Member

Default Re: Plutonium Powered Pacemaker

What a lovely battery in post #20. I would have really liked to have built a small transistor low power AM radio with these. The chance of getting a working battery like this now, would be zero.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 10:00 am   #22
John Caswell
Hexode

A lot of good things have come out of the Nuclear Industry, the batteries that run the two Voyagers for instance.
Interestingly one of the treatments for enlarged Prostate/Prostate cancer is grain of rice sized radioactive isotopes inserted direct into the prostate gland. An idea I quite like
As long as they are not U235/8 variants as I really don't want people digging me up in 700 million/4.5 billion years saying "ere did you know this guy had prostate cancer in 2019"

John

Last edited by John Caswell; 21st Feb 2019 at 10:04 am. Reason: Additional comments
Old 21st Feb 2019, 2:30 pm   #23
Richard_FM
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
This thread lead me down a wikipedia hole and I found this terrible disaster. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident

I remember a drama documentary about it a few years ago.