UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Nov 2014, 5:53 pm   #1
harvestgold
Hexode

Default Solid Gold Gem AM ro close.

I'm very sad to hear this week that the wonderful internet station, Solid Gold Gem AM is closing on Sunday night.

This has been without doubt, the most professional and enjoyable internet station I've come across and will be greatly missed here!

There is some mention that the closure may not be a permanent one - I really hope so, as ordinary radio stations seem so dull in comparison!
Old 29th Nov 2014, 6:37 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Solid Gold Gem AM ro close.

That's a pity..

Still, there are loads of other Internet-streams out there.

My default audio-streaming site is http://www.di.fm/ and their 'Lounge' feed - which is currently being fed via a FM 'pantry-transmitter' to my Roberts R707.

[You need a good set of batteries - in my case two 6V 2.2A/hr SLA cells - to let a R707 deliver what it's truly capable of]

Last edited by G6Tanuki; 29th Nov 2014 at 6:45 pm.
Closed Thread