UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2019, 2:38 am   #1
maxsample
Retired Dormant Member

Default Telequipment D65 Time/Div not working

Hi there, thanks for reading my first post.

I recently bought a Telequipment D65 oscilloscope and when I plugged it in it powered up and would generally work, however the trace would scroll with the stability knob turned to the right and cut off when turned to the left.
I attempted to reflow the through-hole connections as I have read about, and after doing so the trig stability knob problem seemed to go away, but now the time/div knob is not working, and the trace appears as a vertical line in all positions of the time/div knob.

I'm fairly new at this, any help would be appreciated.
Old 21st Feb 2019, 8:47 pm   #2
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

Default Re: Telequipment D65 Time/Div not working

First, that is how the stability control works. Turn one way and you get free running, the other way no sweep. You link the cal output to the Y1 amplifier, ensure correct trigger channel is selected, set trigger mode to NORMAL, then set stability to the "just locks" position, then leave it there.
Probably, the best thing to do is read the instruction manual, this explains all initial knob settings.
Are you sure your "reflow" has not linked any parts of print that should NOT be linked. Easily done.
I don't have a D66 manual, but you can probably turn the timebase OFF, or Ext X, or X-Y mode.If you set it that way then lost control of the time/division knob, that likely xplains it.
You need first to get the manual, then READ it thoroughly.
Les.

Last edited by MotorBikeLes; 21st Feb 2019 at 8:48 pm. Reason: Change Exr to Ext.
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 2:49 am   #3
karesz*
Heptode

Default Re: Telequipment D65 Time/Div not working

Max,
you can have a D65,66 Manual here.
Regards, Karl
Closed Thread