UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jun 2020, 5:58 pm   #1
pentoad
Hexode

Default Repairing Revox A77 Vu meter

I have been looking for a website on Google :" Thierry Martin's guide to repairing Revox A77 VU meters" without any luck - Can anybody provide a working link to it ?
Old 16th Jun 2020, 12:21 am   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Repairing Revox A77 Vu meter

No luck with this.
Old 16th Jun 2020, 12:32 am   #3
AC/HL
Dekatron

The only reference I can see suggests he's just a forum member here: http://www.tapeheads.net/archive/index.php/t-26979.html
Old 16th Jun 2020, 4:13 pm   #4
garry71
Tetrode

It looks like he has a youtube channel. Maybe you could find some contact info somewhere on it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOp...8htrAvgR4oTetw
Old 17th Jun 2020, 11:52 pm   #5
Pine Marten
Tetrode

It looks very much like the article is currently not available. I tried the old link I had bookmarked and it is dead, as are all the redirection links it takes you to. I had good success with the method, 3 out of 4 dead meters fixed. If your meters are not working, chances are, if it is the meter itself that is at fault, it will be that the ring magnet glue will have failed, so the magnet will have moved and is jamming the coil that carries the needle. It is an easy job to carefully, using a thin sharp scalpel blade or similar, to remove the clear front from the meter body and see if this is the case. Have a look and I'll try to give instructions on the best way to go from here!
Old 19th Jun 2020, 4:44 pm   #6
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

I salvaged a copy of it, unfortunately only in French, but I'll get it translated and posted as soon as I can!

Chris Williams