UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 10th Sep 2019, 12:34 pm   #1
jhalphen
Hexode

Default French Auction House Microphone Sale Oct 5th 2019

Good day Gentlemen,

I am relaying this message for a non english speaking french acquaintance.

French auction house Art-Richelieu is holding a public auction on saturday Oct 5th for the sale of 118 microphones, a mix of vintage and current products.

The online catague with photos can be viewed here :

http://www.art-richelieu.fr/html/ind...150&&setLng=en

It is possible to bid ahead of the auction date by quoting your desired amount or live by phone during the auction. To do this you must create an account beforehand with Art-Richelieu. View the page "create an account" on their web site :

https://www.drouotonline.com/en

Disclaimer : i have no ties to Art-Richelieu, nor to the seller and no financial interest in the items for auction.

Best Regards

jhalphen
Old 10th Sep 2019, 7:33 pm   #2
John10b
Nonode

Default Re: French Auction House Microphone Sale Oct 5th 2019

How very interesting, and thank you for the information, I didn’t realise that Mics could demand so much!
Cheers
John
Old 10th Sep 2019, 9:53 pm   #3
m0cemdave
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10b View Post
How very interesting, and thank you for the information, I didn’t realise that Mics could demand so much!
Cheers
John
Most of them are serious professional microphones, as used in recording studios. High quality tools don't come cheap!
Old 11th Sep 2019, 8:52 am   #4
John10b
Nonode

Hi yes I understand that but around 10,000 euros ? I would be interested to know how that price is justified? When I was involved with the entertainment world ( not recording studios ) we used many types of mics and paying around £200 was typical.
Cheers
John
Old 12th Sep 2019, 12:50 am   #5
jamesperrett
Octode

Old valve microphones are now collectable so the price of 10,000 euros includes an element of collectability. However, the prices of the cheaper microphones look reasonable. A brand new Neumann U87ai is 2499 euros from Thomann so a used price of 1300-1600 looks a reasonable estimate to me (though I've not checked on any additional charges the auction house might levy). The U87 is still widely used by recording studios and is probably the most used microphone here.
Closed Thread