UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Oct 2010, 5:50 pm   #1
David Simpson
Nonode

Default Aberdeen Mini-Meet

Local Guys:- Who is interested in a mini-meet up here in the NE of Scotland ? If it's to be before the winter sets in, then we had better extract our digits. I've loads off off-road parking in my field, as long as it stays dry.
However, once the winter is upon us, then I'm scunnered till the spring.
If folk would like to meet up in the city, then again we need to make arrangements. I'm easy with whatever the majority decides. Even if folk want to wait till next year.

Regards, David
Old 28th Oct 2010, 5:56 pm   #2
Mikey405
Octode

Default Re: Aberdeen Mini-Meet

Hi Dave.

I'd have happily returned to the country of my birth to go to yours or Trevor's meetups had I been a little bit nearer, but Scotland is a little bit far for me (or my ancient Renault) to manage.

Kind regards.

From Mike.
Old 28th Oct 2010, 7:11 pm   #3
Steve_P
Dekatron

I'm easy on this either way. But count me in unless I break another leg. I never knew you had any Scottish blood in you Mikey.

Cheers,

Steve P.
Old 28th Oct 2010, 11:20 pm   #4
fidobsa
Retired Dormant Member

Sounds good to me. I'm more likely to be around if it happens this year.
Old 28th Oct 2010, 11:30 pm   #5
murphyv310
Dekatron

Weather and funds permitting I'll be there,
See you all soon
Old 29th Oct 2010, 1:15 am   #6
Alistair D
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Simpson View Post
Local Guys:- Who is interested in a mini-meet up here in the NE of Scotland ? If it's to be before the winter sets in, then we had better extract our digits. I've loads off off-road parking in my field, as long as it stays dry.
However, once the winter is upon us, then I'm scunnered till the spring.
If folk would like to meet up in the city, then again we need to make arrangements. I'm easy with whatever the majority decides. Even if folk want to wait till next year.

Regards, David
David, I am sure you will have to explain 'scunnered' to a few folks on the forum.

I hope to take delivery of the scopes next weekend when my friend returns to Edinburgh to watch his favourite football team lose yet another match.

Al
Old 29th Oct 2010, 2:13 pm   #7
David Simpson
Nonode

Right Folks, I've had a newsey with the chap who runs the Aberdeen Amature Radio Society and he is keen for us nearby Forum/BVWS guys to go along to their(they call it a "Working Junk") sale night on the 1st Thur in each month at 7.30PM . It is held at the Scout Hut up Oakhill Cresent Lane which is at the side of the ATHOL Hotel on Kingsgate.
The next sale night is next Thur, the 4th Nov. A small % is taken for their funds. Lewis Donaldson is the man I/C(GM4AJR), and his email address is lewis@gm4ajr.com
From what I've learnt from chatting with the guys there,when genning up for my foundation licence exam, they share similar radio/electronics interests as us, and do have some nice bits & bobs to flog or swap.
Please let Lewis & myself know if you need further info, & are going to make it.

Regards, David
Old 30th Oct 2010, 10:55 pm   #8
fidobsa
Retired Dormant Member

Aberdoom is a bit too far for me to go on a weekday evening. Shame though.
Old 31st Oct 2010, 9:07 am   #9
murphyv310
Dekatron

Sorry I can't make this one as I have some work that I don't want to turn down.
Old 31st Oct 2010, 8:42 pm   #10
Zelandeth
Heptode

Thanks for the heads up on that, David! I don't tend to look through this section of the forum, so hadn't spotted the post.

I should be able to make it along to that I think, gives me an excuse to actually emerge from the flat for a change!
Closed Thread