UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jun 2021, 8:22 am   #1
netsmo62
Tetrode

Default Grundig Satellit 650: worn rubber preselector drive belt

Goodmorning, I have a Sat 650 with a worn rubber preselector drive belt, when switch to automatic preselection often index don't reach right position. I have looked close at it and in effect have already some cracks and it has loosened. I have looked the encoder wheel and white tuning wheel how to pass through a new belt (apart white wheel have dial cords upon it too) but seems they are they are firmly inserted one inside the other. Put out the "C" holder don't have any resolutive action. Do you know procedure how to change it? Thank you F.
Old 24th Jun 2021, 3:34 pm   #2
agardiner
Octode

Default Re: Grundig Satellit 650: worn rubber preselector drive belt

Can you please give more details and confirm the model number?

I have a lot of experience with this series, but not sure of the exact part. Also, haven't actually seen this exact model either. I have pulled the manual for it, and cannot locate the part you are alluding too. Is it to with the automatic drive from the digital tuner?
Old 24th Jun 2021, 7:44 pm   #3
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

I think this is reference to the automatic drive to the AM preselector. Digitally select the desired frequency, press the central button, and the preselector drives somewhere close to the optimum point. Mine is "off-station" and has been for the last30+ years. I have never attempted to get it closer, as I rarely use it other than FM, my R3 wake up alarm.
There are no exploded views in the manuals, but the spares listing shows (I think) all the relevant parts, though I don't suppose that is any help to anybody today. Sorry, but once again the above refers to the Sat 600, but again, I think identical.
Apart from dismantling the minimum of parts to allow chassis removal from cabinet, I have not studied the drive assembly.
Les.
Old 25th Jun 2021, 10:57 pm   #4
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

If you follow this, you should find the part you require if I have understood correctly.
http://radiocorner.de/parts/satparts/
Les.
Old 25th Jun 2021, 11:17 pm   #5
netsmo62
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorBikeLes View Post
If you follow this, you should find the part you require if I have understood correctly.
Les.
Ok I tried to contact this seller too, but I don't know how to put up since I cannot understand how I can slide belt between large white tuning wheel and encoder wheel since they are stick togheter. Main problem is this...
Old 25th Jun 2021, 11:31 pm   #6
netsmo62
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by agardiner View Post
Can you please give more details and confirm the model number?

I have a lot of experience with this series, but not sure of the exact part. Also, haven't actually seen this exact model either. I have pulled the manual for it, and cannot locate the part you are alluding too. Is it to with the automatic drive from the digital tuner?
Model is a Grundig Satellit 650 Professional, but I think that rubber motor belt drive for automatic preselector is the same for all the 600/650 series. In the manual service is (29) 39721- 567.00 part.

Thank you for reply, F.
Old 23rd Aug 2021, 6:29 pm   #7
netsmo62
Tetrode

Quote:
Les.
Thank you for the site, I have find both correct belt than instructions to mount it!! Great!
Old 28th Aug 2021, 12:58 pm   #8
Satellit650Inte
Diode

Hi all, I'm Giovanni from Italy, I'm experiencing the same problem described in this post, how to change the automatic tuning rubber belt, possibly without dismantle the am FM dial cord and pulleys. I downloaded service manual of my Grundig Satellit 650 International, but didn't found help with this issue. Any suggestion for a quick replacement of the rubber belt will be much appreciated.
Old 24th Nov 2021, 1:37 pm   #9
Warlock1892
Diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsmo62 View Post
Quote:
Les.
Thank you for the site, I have find both correct belt than instructions to mount it!! Great!
Hi there) could you, please, share those instructions with me? Did you manage to fix it?
Closed Thread