UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jun 2021, 7:05 pm   #1
BrianAllen
Heptode

Default Philips 790A/Mullard MAS4 Tagboard Connections

I have noted that the location of various tagboard connections are different on my radio to that of the Trader Sheet (please see above General Notes heading).

Should I replace as per the sheet or leave as found?

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20210605_185533.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	235474  
Old 5th Jun 2021, 7:27 pm   #2
BrianAllen
Heptode

Default Re: Philips 790A/Mullard MAS4 Tagboard Connections

I have just realised that there are 8 tags (with connecting wires) on my 790a set, which is one more tag than on the MAS4 service sheet, so may be best to reconnect the way I found it.

Brian
Old 5th Jun 2021, 8:57 pm   #3
cathoderay57
Nonode

Default Re: Philips 790A/Mullard MAS4 Tagboard Connections

You're probably right to reconnect as-found, assuming the set was working beforehand and/or the tag wires were not showing signs of recent disturbance. To be absolutely certain it oughtn't to be difficult to trace where the tag wires go to and verify that the destinations are correct when compared to the circuit diagram. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious! Cheers, Jerry
Closed Thread