UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jan 2018, 1:50 pm   #1
camtechman
Nonode

Default Delay In Post Replies To Threads

Am I the only one who, for the last week or so, whose replies to threads are not going through?

I appreciate that posts have to be moderated but some have not even made it to the threads I posted on.

I apologise if the delay is due to moderators being on holiday or another factor but I've never experienced this level of delay or no replies appearing at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Posts not getting through.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	155091  
Old 7th Jan 2018, 2:04 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Delay In Post Replies To Threads

Please read this thread, particularly the fifth and sixth paragraphs in post #1:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=101945

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 7th Jan 2018, 7:12 pm   #3
camtechman
Nonode

Graham,

OK, so I've read the fifth and sixth paragraphs in post #1

"Once you have replied here, also contact the requester by forum Private Message (PM) to discuss details and prices. You must respond both in the thread AND by PM. To send a PM click on the person's name to the left of their post then click "Send private message to...".

Be aware that the requester may have received more than one offer and is free to make his/her own decision. Do not attempt to discuss other offers they may have received with them, or to undercut other offers etc"

But I can't see how the above has anything to do with my posts not getting through. I've not offered anyone anything nor discussed prices. Non of my posts have been of that nature.

Please explain & clarify.

Many thanks
Old 7th Jan 2018, 7:14 pm   #4
Station X

They're not the fifth and sixth paragraphs. These are:-

Quote:
DO NOT reply to these threads offering suggestions as to how the requester may be able to repair the item him/herself or speculating on the cause of the problems.

ONLY reply if you are willing and able to offer the services requested, from a technical ability and logistical (transportation etc) practicality, in a reasonable period of time.

Old 7th Jan 2018, 9:55 pm   #5
camtechman
Nonode

OK but that still doesn't explain why this prevents my posts being delayed or not published.

I'm not aware of any replies/posts that are breaking those rules so I'd appreciate it if you could point out any of my posts/replies that do, so I don't make that unintentional mistake again.

Many thanks

Tony
Old 7th Jan 2018, 9:58 pm   #6
Station X

Your post weren't approved because they didn't comply with the requirements of the post I linked to.

Old 7th Jan 2018, 10:07 pm   #7
Station X

You're obviously referring to this thread in which the OP is asking for someone to visit Blackpool and sort out some PC problems for a forum user who is an aol customer.
You weren't offering to provide that service or suggesting someone who might be able to provide that service.

For that reason your posts weren't approved.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=142703

Old 8th Jan 2018, 10:42 am   #8
camtechman
Nonode

Hi Graham,

Many thanks for that clarity and I appreciate the advice.

Regards,

tony