UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Dec 2015, 9:04 pm   #1
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Dad's Army docu-drama BBC2 21:00 22/12/15

It's been quite widely trailed, but just in case you still weren't aware of it the BBC are showing a new 'The creation of' type drama about the conception and eventual production of the 'Dad's Army' series.

Although not concerned with technology itself it is set in the late sixties so there's a good chance you'll see some vintage studio scenes and perhaps the odd contemporary domestic scene with period televisions, etc.

The current (19th Dec - 1st Jan) Radio Times has an introductory one page article about it on page 49, and a half page picture of a studio set scene complete with camera on page 128.

Coming up on BBC2, Tuesday 22nd December (2015!) at 9.00pm.
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 5:17 pm   #2
camtechman
Nonode

Default Re: Dad's Army docu-drama BBC2 21:00 22/12/15

I'll be watching !
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 6:50 pm   #3
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be setting the recorder.
Old 22nd Dec 2015, 9:59 pm   #4
Brian R Pateman
Nonode

As it's about to start and "Radio Times" threads are strictly off topic for the forum it's time to close this one.
Old 24th Dec 2015, 1:23 am   #5
whyperion
Hexode

Default Dad's Army (Again) / BBC: The Secret Files

BBC Four Transmission at 23:30 last night.

This programme/ series may have been mentioned/ transmitted before here, so move post if desired.

Interesting in that presenter Penelope Keith mentions the BBC Written Files Archive held in Caversham, Berkshire. (Dating from Start of BBC 1922 to presumably present day).

From the production files was the items behind Dad's Army - probably why I wasn't interested in the Docu-Drama episodes, where Lowe promotes himself with reference to Forces Broadcasting during WW2 and also Egyptian State Broadcasting, although written from experience in front of camera, the mentions tie-in with the currently running thread on 'Surplus' Equipment for example. Chopped within the programme are a number of short views of recording and broadcast equipment, which might be of interest on I-Player re-view.
Closed Thread