UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Sep 2014, 1:07 pm   #21
Miguel Lopez
Heptode

Default Re: Homebrew Valve Scope. Version 2.0

Hi Al

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Well, I'm not exactly working on another scope, but "researching" for a future Version 3.0 attempt. The fact is that as soon as you finish something, you discover that you could do it better, because while building it, you learn a lot of things that you did not know.

I will stop working on the scope now cause there are some other things I need to do, such as a better sig gen, and the scope is "usable" the way it is today.

The scope can sweep up to 1uS/div, so I would be able to see a signal of 1MHz at one cycle per division. 500kHz would be a better figure.

All of the other equipment, are home-made by me. Althought I have to update this album, you can see some of them here.
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...hp?albumid=377
Old 26th Sep 2014, 2:23 pm   #22
dominicbeesley
Octode

It's certainly an impressive bit of kit and looks the part too. If you have a signal generator that goes up to HF you may find that the bandwidth of your Y amplifiers are better than you think - if not then the inductors may need a bit of a tweak. Having a wider bandwidth can help if you want it to measure frequencies higher than your scan rate would normally allow. For instance adjusting IF stages you just need to see the amplitude and not necessarily the waveform.

Good work! I wish I'd met you on the forum a few years ago as I'd have loved to come and visit when I was in Cuba.

D
Old 26th Sep 2014, 2:38 pm   #23
Miguel Lopez
Heptode

Hi dominic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diminicbeesley
If you have a signal generator that goes up to HF
That's one of the problems that I have to solve now. My home-made sig gen is just up to 50kHz. Even at this frequency it has some distortion. So, I'm curently working on a better sig gen. During the circuit trials, I have reached up to 5MHz, so in the future I will be able to make some HF tests.

Maybe that would be the reason for a Version 3.0.

One step a time. The longest trip begins with the first step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicbeesley
I'd have loved to come and visit when I was in Cuba
Our country's doors are always open for your second time in Cuba.
Old 26th Sep 2014, 2:40 pm   #24
julie_m
Dekatron

I've just had a look at your other pictures. All very impressive -- and even more so when you consider the constraints under which it was all produced.