UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jan 2015, 8:09 pm   #1
curtishinckley
Retired Dormant Member

Default Grundig 4088 Radio - Setting it Up with a Turntable

Greetings,

I have a restored Grundig 4088 radio that I'd like to set up with a turntable and I have some questions. I recognize that there might be no one with knowledge of this specific model, but I imagine that knowledge of similar models could be helpful.

1. The 4088 has a phono input, though I need to know what type of turntable cartridge it takes.

2. The phono input appears to take banana plugs, rather than RCA. Is this correct?

3. Is there anything else of which I should be aware in running a turntable through this radio?

Thanks very much!

Curtis
Old 9th Jan 2015, 8:49 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Grundig 4088 Radio - Setting it Up with a Turntable

Tube radios were intended to be used with a crystal or high output ceramic cartridge. You can use a magnetic cartridge with an external RIAA preamp.

The input is probably a pair of banana sockets, one for the (mono) signal and one for ground.
Closed Thread