UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Sep 2010, 10:48 pm   #1
CT1BWW1
Retired Dormant Member

Thumbs up Philips 1960 Portable.

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to restore this nice radio (MODEL?). It has OC71 Transistors and uses 4 large 1.5 Volt batteries to give 6 Volts. I have found two problems:-

1. Dial Cord. It's come off. I've tried several ways to rethread it, but I can't find the correct one.

2. The 10K Potentiometer has a fault from one side (black wire). Is this this the ground? If I connect one part of the circuit I get good sound, but potentiometer doesn't work. The sound still stays at the same volume.

Thanks in advance for reading and helping.

Best Regards
Old 30th Sep 2010, 11:50 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips 1960 Portable.

Give us a photo and we'll try and identify it.

Black is normally earth, and the potentiometer should have three tags. If you get nothing at all through the pot, check other wires to it and then it may be the pot itself.

Cheers,

Steve P.