UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Mar 2015, 7:06 pm   #1
leakstereo20
Retired Dormant Member

Default A site about amplifiers, speakers and British vintage hifi equipment.

A free amateur website for DIY people. The website is under construction.

Including assistance for repair of vintage hifi tube gear such as Leak, Michaelson & Austin, Conrad Johnson and AR speakers:

https://sites.google.com/site/httpstubeamp/

It is a free website offered by "Google Sites".

The purpose of the website is to share experiences with people who have interest in vintage hifi equipment, audio amplifiers and speakers.

The website has also been made because I have often needed help with my own projects.

Last edited by leakstereo20; 18th Mar 2015 at 7:19 pm.
Old 18th Mar 2015, 8:29 pm   #2
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: A site about amplifiers, speakers and British vintage hifi equipment.

The 'Simple Tube Tester' looks an interesting project, with test set-ups for several valves of interest to audio enthusiasts. (EL34, EL84, 6SN7, ECC83 etc).
Old 18th Mar 2015, 8:35 pm   #3
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Re: A site about amplifiers, speakers and British vintage hifi equipment.

... but be very careful - the HT supply on the "Simple Tube Tester" looks as if it's straight off the mains - no transformer! For these voltages you MUST put an isolating transformer before this circuit.
Old 18th Mar 2015, 9:53 pm   #4
leakstereo20
Retired Dormant Member

Sorry...I should have been more precise with my drawing. In the DK we have 230Vac as regular power supply, which goes to the transformer's primary side, and the 220Vac is coming out from the secondary side of the transformer .

I will try to correct the drawing .
Closed Thread