UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Aug 2010, 3:26 pm   #1
trevwgb
Tetrode

Question receiver switch on 121

Hi all
A bit of advice please
1. Recently bought a 121 on Ebay - it is in excellent external condition including that great original colour that the bells are supposed to have - to my great surprise it arrived in its GPO box! The dial has been removed, the condenser is missing (I realize this is not needed).and the wiring is a real mess although many / most of the original wires are still present. So it’s a number 14 induction coil, transmitter no. 22 and receiver bell 1a. Interestingly from the case the original phone seems to have been a 1924 101. Even better the 121 circuit diagram pasted on the inside covers another diagram which I presume may belong to the original. About a ¼ of it is visible and seems to be in excellent condition.

I am well for the rewiring job using the N diagram but have 1 problem.
The receiver switch on the N diagrams and on the diagram pasted inside the box seems to have 3 terminals whereas mine has 4 ( as is seen on later phones ) In all other ways the switch seems to resemble pictures of 121s that I have seen. Does this make any sense or am I being dumb here? How should I change the circuit diagram to accommodate this difference?

2. I would also be very interested to hear if anyone knows the best way to separate the 2 circuit diagrams (1 has been stuck onto the other) without damaging them.
Many thanks
Regards
Trev
Closed Thread