UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jan 2021, 6:09 pm   #1
llama
Octode

Default JDY-62 Bluetooth module

Bought several of these for not much money off ebay to have a Bluetooth input to a Dynatron Nomad intended for my Grand-daughter, reported in the Domestic Radio forum section.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=173266

A nice feature of the Nomad is that it has a split supply so there's a ready source of +9 Volts. I've mounted my JDY-62 on a 6x6 (holes) scrap of Veroboard. That holds a (full size) 7805 (with little decouplers in and out)and a pair of resistors to mix-down the stereo output to mono. 2.2uF electrolytic allows the level-shift into the mainly negative-volts sections of the radio.

There was a snag which got me thinking I needed the analogue switch version of the circuit attached. Wrong - in going from prototype to finished I'd forgotten the 2.2uF electrolytic. But having the switching available in the circuit below might be useful in some applications. The first analogue switch inverts the logic of "MUTE". None of the data sheets I've found say whether MUTE is an input or an output but I've found it goes low when a valid Bluetooth programme is being received. Thinking more about it, that inversion shouldn't be needed. Glad I didn't build that bit. Eliminating AM is currently to just set the wavechange between M and L.

Hope this is interesting and any comments always welcome.
Graham
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usingJDY-62.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	224886