UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Aug 2020, 12:50 pm   #61
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Uher 4000 Report Monitor Noisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms660 View Post
There'll be a relay in the unit, the contacts will be connecting pin 4 to ground when audio isn't detected.

Lawrence.
Yes appreciate that pin 4 has to be grounded to energise the solenoid which actuates Pause, I was really wondering if there was something additional for stopping the motor as well.

David
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 12:59 pm   #62
ms660
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
Yes appreciate that pin 4 has to be grounded to energise the solenoid which actuates Pause, I was really wondering if there was something additional for stopping the motor as well.
Nothing to stop the motor, stopping the motor when paused wouldn't be a good idea.

Lawrence.
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 1:02 pm   #63
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms660 View Post
Update, connects pin 4 to 3 in a schematic I'm looking at (F411):

https://elektrotanya.com/uher_f-411_.../download.html

Description here:

https://worldradiohistory.com/hd2/ID...-Page-0011.pdf

Lawrence.
Well found Lawrence, so as really expected just switching out a ground to remotely switch the Pause control. Clever the automatic sound detection for Stop/Starting the recorder.

David
Old 4th Aug 2020, 2:02 pm   #64
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Feedback from SDS is that MIDE originally was a special option for an Italian customer who wanted the motor to stop when the pause button was pressed on the Microphone during recording to select Remote Pause.

SDS do not have the technical details of the MIDE modification but say just some simple mods to the Control board and they have provided me with a photo of a MIDE modified Control board.

From the photo can see that 1 transistor has been added plus 1 or 2 resistors/capacitors and maybe removal of a couple of resistors/capacitors, also can see at least 1 extra wire connecting to the board (assume this may go the motor control board).

May or may not be connected but I noticed on the large 4000 schematic I purchased from SDS a while back that there are a couple of extra diode inputs (with no external connections) shown on the motor board compared to the only other 4000 Remote Monitor schematic I have seen (downloaded Hungarian schematic) so wonder if these extra inputs may have something to do with the MIDE modification.

SDS do not know what MIDE stands for, they thought possibly linked to customer name ?

David
Old 4th Aug 2020, 3:29 pm   #65
ms660
Dekatron

The Uher 6000 Report Universal schematic (vintageshifi) shows a motor stop mod. for when pause is triggered, the mod. it's just one transistor and a resistor which shuts off the motor supply transistor when pause is triggered.

Lawrence.
Old 4th Aug 2020, 3:37 pm   #66
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Fascinating! I hope SDS get a kick out of us lot asking them questions about obsolete machines and them being able to answer.
Old 4th Aug 2020, 10:47 pm   #67
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Another good find Lawrence, I will study that later.

David
Old 5th Aug 2020, 1:30 pm   #68
DMcMahon
Dekatron

The MIDE modified Control board.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200803_152350.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	212754