UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Aug 2017, 1:52 pm   #21
PJL
Dekatron

Default Re: Antoria Record Player and amplifier

1M anode load for an EF86 is really extracting the last bit of gain out of it, ra is 2.5M so I guess there is still benefit.
Old 20th Aug 2017, 1:53 pm   #22
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Yes, but this will make a superb practice amplifier with a little bit of 2nd harmonic atmax volume!
Old 21st Aug 2017, 1:13 pm   #23
crackle
Rest in Peace

I have traced out the preamp circuit. The gram/mic switch had some loose contacts making it a little intermittent, so I made a modification to the circuit around here and replaced the switch with a 1M potentiometer. This has now enabled the original volume control to be used as a "master" volume.

Here is the circuit.
There is a striking resemblance with the preamp circuit to that used in the VOX AC4. I suppose it is all standard stuff..

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Antoria circuit.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	148179  
Closed Thread