UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Aug 2017, 11:56 pm   #21
Damo666
Hexode

Default Re: President Lincoln CB S meter problem

Hi Jeremy,

Still working absolutely great, albeit the squelch chatters a little bit at its lowest setting which causes weak signals to break in and out very slightly. A Google around suggests that this "chattering" is just a quirk though. I simply don't use squelch with weaker signals.

Re' the synth/micro board area, I noticed things looked a little delicate in that area, and I've also learned the board is virtually unobtainable, so when I messed with the connectors I made sure I used TLC.

Off topic slightly, but I seem to have picked up the CB hoarding bug and am now accumulating a good few rigs primarily for nostalgic reasons, that said, each one does get cycled usage routinely.
Closed Thread