UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Nov 2007, 6:17 pm   #1
Barrie
Tetrode

Default KB-FB10 Missing Scale Plate

Hi all
i am rebuilding a KB-FB10 (toaster radio),in a pretty awful condition,my problem is the scale plate is missing under the dial glass,does anyone have the dimensions please so i can make a replacement,and what would be the best material to use.
regards Barrie.
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 7:25 pm   #2
mickjjo
Rest in Peace

Default Re: KB-FB10 Missing Scale Plate

Hi Barrie, I took the case off my FB10 and the scale plate consists of a strip of white translucent plastic material 6" long and 1 1/4" wide. A quick look around the kitchen suggests that the side of one of those large ASDA containers of soft spread or ice cream would provide a suitable substitute . I expect there must be other household packaging items that could be used. There are holes at each end for the support lugs to poke through, see attachment, Hope this helps.

Regards, Mick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kb fb 10 scale.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	13639  
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 8:46 pm   #3
Barrie
Tetrode

Default Re: KB-FB10 Missing Scale Plate

Hi Mick
many thanks for info and photo,would plastic stand the heat these sets generate,i don,t know what had happened to the original,perhaps it had melted and been discarded by the previous owner.
Regards Barrie.
Closed Thread