UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Oct 2018, 4:19 pm   #1
regentone001
Heptode

Default CRT labels

What would be the best glue to use to reattach the labels to a crt? I have found the "handle with care etc" label in the bottom of the cabinet of my Regentone set and am wondering what would be the best glue with which to reattach it.
Thanks
Steve
Old 16th Oct 2018, 4:48 pm   #2
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: CRT labels

I normally just lightly water down some PVA wood glue and use that, I guess pritt-stick would also do it, or even wallpaper paste if you have some lying about!

Regards
Lloyd
Old 16th Oct 2018, 5:06 pm   #3
crackle
Rest in Peace

Pritt stick is unreliable, in damp or humid conditions, probably not an issue in a TV.
But PVA should give a more long lasting bond, damp cloth to dab of the excess.

Mike
Old 27th Oct 2018, 4:23 pm   #4
regentone001
Heptode

thanks guys I watered down some pva and it did the trick nicely. Also seemed to make the label less brittle
Steve
Closed Thread