UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Oct 2018, 3:49 pm   #21
tracypaper
Octode

Default Re: Can one spray rexine?

Try this stuff it's amazing, will even turn a green covered player to red if you wish and doesn't look like you've just painted it with gloss paint. Ideal for faded Rexine but badly damaged will have to be a re-cover.
Go to the link and search sellers other items to find many colours and shades.
Gaz.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250ml-Rol...oAAOSwOgdYuzcP
Old 12th Oct 2018, 9:57 pm   #22
PJL
Dekatron

Good quality artists acrylic is perfect for this. Can be mixed to get the right colour and stays flexible. Crimson is a good match for Roberts red.
Old 13th Oct 2018, 8:41 am   #23
dseymo1
Retired Dormant Member

Agreed- I refinished a leather steering wheel in (cheap) acrylic, which showed no wear three years of daily use later.
Old 14th Oct 2018, 3:40 pm   #24
John10b
Nonode

I am restoring a Bush SRP30, the Cabinet was badly stained, I tried Mr Muscle Kitchen spray and small scrubbing brush, it worked a treat I am really pleased with end result. Previously with other RP I have re- covered them with Rexine, I wish I had tried this product before.
Cheers
John
Old 5th Dec 2018, 7:31 pm   #25
roadster
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
I've had success using Meltonian type shoe cream.
How much of a colour change could be effected using the shoe renovation cream approach do you think?

The project I am working on at the moment has dark blue rexine that responded very well to an application of dark blue cream but I want to change the dull as dish water grey / cream / faintly bluish colour to light blue.
Old 6th Dec 2018, 1:22 pm   #26
John10b
Nonode

I can’t give you an answer, but I would certainly do a test on a small piece, if you can, you can never be sure what really will happen.
Cheers
John
Old 6th Dec 2018, 7:08 pm   #27
PJL
Dekatron

Good quality artists acrylic paints are the best for this. Apply with a damp cotton ball.
Closed Thread