UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 3rd Dec 2018, 8:26 pm   #1
Dukebox
Diode

Default Can anyone help? Fidelity HF45

Ok people,

Following my previous thread:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=149461

I have had no luck at all getting my Fidelity HF45 to work to the correct speed. It still seems to drop off and go slow during playing. (this seems to happen 1/4 - 1/2 way across the record but not always the case)

My brother and I have carefully done all the things advised (caked grease removal, spindle wheel clean, light oil on spindle, clean and dry of under turntable etc etc) No avail.

Note, I’m so fed up because this was a fully reconditioned and re-built set with all new parts .... apparently! Not the case when I got inside and the seller who only does these is nowhere to be found.

Is there anyone on here that takes on this sort of work that can help me? If not I’m goin to sell it for spares and repair which is a shame because it’s cosmetically lovely.

Please help me? Message me and I will call.

Laurie
Dukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2018, 10:26 pm   #2
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Can anyone help? Fidelity HF45

Hi Laurie, if all else fails I may be able to supply you a used deck that should work OK. It will be without a cart.

Ed
Ed_Dinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2018, 10:19 pm   #3
Dukebox
Diode

Hi Ed,

Thatís great! My engineer is currently looking at it and if needed I may send him a copy of this post so he can approach you if needed?

Thatís great!
Laurie
Dukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2018, 9:43 am   #4
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Laurie, get him to contact me via the PM system and I'll see what can be found.

Ed
Ed_Dinning is offline   Reply With Quote