UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Sep 2019, 2:02 pm   #21
hillmanie
Pentode

Default Re: My Introduction and a little help. Philips N4306/15.

I use lolly sticks with one end cut square and then chamfered, and cotton buds to remove the bulk of the goo. I then use Acetone on cotton buds to clean the pulleys (but do not use this on most plastics, as it softens them!). I squeeze the tip of the cotton bud (before soaking it in Acetone), to get right into the "V" of pulleys. For flat surfaces, I use old rags moistened in Acetone. But wear disposable gloves throughout! I also use aerosol foaming cleanser, such as Amberclens, to clean the directional "clutch" assemblies fitted under each turntable.

After reading this I think I probably could have taken a better approach and saved time
TT
Closed Thread