UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2008, 12:41 am   #21
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Any ideas what this is? Power supply?/Amp?

That stack of resistors appear to be GPO pattern wirewound resistors, probably not as highly rated as they look. The 807 could be being used as a controlled rectifier, thus not needing a separate rectifier valve.
Definately home made.
Old 16th May 2008, 6:43 am   #22
Whaam68
Hexode

Time is a bit limited this week as off for 2 weeks holiday next week. It does look like some sort of variable power supply that's been home constructed from the parts bin. The resistors are early carbon comp I think & not W/W. Thanks all for your input...I think sympathetic recycling to a single ended amp is the order of the day.
Mike
Old 16th May 2008, 10:15 am   #23
val33vo
Retired Dormant Member

I have a feeling this may be a power supply from what I can see the smaller transformer has only 2 wires exiting from it so its probably a smoothing choke and not an output tranny
Old 19th May 2008, 7:27 pm   #24
samthelemming
Retired Dormant Member

I think power supply, but when I first saw it I was reminded of the old computers (that stood on racks) and the power supplies at the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manchester.mark1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	17300   Click image for larger version

Name:	edsac99.9.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	17301  
Closed Thread