UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Sep 2019, 1:58 pm   #1
ltysonman
Retired Dormant Member

Default Philips N4306 recorder. Fitting belt.

Can anybody tell me how to refit the short belt on my N-4306 easily?

Thanks.
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 6:52 pm   #2
Sideband
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips N4306 recorder. Fitting belt.

Whatever version you have, I think you have to remove the R/H turntable/spool holder. If I remember from 40 years ago there is a screw in the centre holding it to the shaft and you just unscrew it.
Old 7th Sep 2019, 11:20 pm   #3
hillmanie
Pentode

Default Re: Philips N4306 recorder. Fitting belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideband View Post
Whatever version you have, I think you have to remove the R/H turntable/spool holder. If I remember from 40 years ago there is a screw in the centre holding it to the shaft and you just unscrew it.
As already laboured I'm struggling with a 4306. I had an imperfect hawk under a spool and can't figure if it's a screw or a shaft circlip, if the latter is a bad news item for flying through the air - lost.
Good luck
TT
Closed Thread