UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jul 2015, 11:21 am   #21
kings
Tetrode

Default Re: Paramount radio made for the UK market

Fitted new electrolytics and running it off a 110/120 transformer dial lamp lights so do the valves bit of noise through the speaker when changing medium and long bit of sound from the volume control but does seem to go louder but no radio reception as yet
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 1:58 pm   #22
kings
Tetrode

I have now fired it up on a 110/120 stepdown, after removing the line cord. A bit of sound from the speaker, but no stations.
Two valves 12SJ7. One is clearly marked, but the other is hand written on the base so not sure if it is a 12SJ7. Pic enclosed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	radio 12sj7 001.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	110263  
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 2:52 pm   #23
telstar
Octode

Hi. I have also one of these radios, and I will check the valve line up (sorry tube) for you. The clear plastic covering around the dial has cracked and broken, so I wonder where to obtain a replacement from?
Cheers
Mike
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 4:59 pm   #24
kings
Tetrode

Hi Mike,
I used to do a lot with American radios many years ago I think I used to get them from the states or just put a flat piece of accetate there, or try Antique Electronic Supply in the states,
Dave.
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 5:25 pm   #25
PJL
Dekatron

12SJ7GT and 12SK7GT are the normal pair with the 12SJ7GT sharp cut-off used for detection. A potentiometer is then used to bias the 12SK7GT to provide a gain control.
Old 3rd Jul 2015, 7:55 pm   #26
kings
Tetrode

Thank you for that.
Old 5th Jul 2015, 7:07 am   #27
kings
Tetrode

Just to finish off I would like to thank everyone who offered their valued advice the mystery valve was a 12SK7GT so they were all in place after all after properly cleaning the wave change switch and applying a throw out aerial the set works a treat.
Closed Thread