UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Aug 2008, 5:43 pm   #1
Mikey405
Octode

Default 405+NTSC Aurora Ordered

Hi everyone.

Well, I've finally ordered an Aurora converter. I decided that my Dinosaur-Designs unit and separate CH1 modulator was just a little bit too cumbersome and somewhat unreliable (due only to the horrible switched-mode power supply I built into the enormous box). Not that the Dinosaur hasn't been brilliant over the last 10 years-ish - it has been absolutely fantastic, and I'm sure it will carry on for another long while yet.

Anyway, I ordered the NTSC version so that when David (Fernseh) finds an excuse to sell me his 405-line Pye Colour set then it'll work straight away.

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards.

From Mike.
PS. David - My birthday is the 9th of January.
Old 8th Aug 2008, 7:08 pm   #2
murphyv310
Dekatron

Default Re: 405+NTSC Aurora Ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey405 View Post
Hi everyone.

Anyway, I ordered the NTSC version so that when David (Fernseh) finds an excuse to sell me his 405-line Pye Colour set then it'll work straight away.

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards.

From Mike.
PS. David - My birthday is the 9th of January.
Hi.
I'm Hoping that the PYE colour set will come back to the country of David's birth "Scotland"!!
Trevor
Closed Thread