UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Dec 2017, 12:12 pm   #1
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Radiophile Auction - 10th December

Just a quick note to say that auction catalogues have been mailed and subscribers should receive their print copy today. PDF copies have also been emailed out.

Any problems, please let me know.

Thanks
Old 9th Dec 2017, 5:41 pm   #2
Mark James
Hexode

Default Re: Radiophile Auction - 10th December

Is the auction definitely going ahead? There is an amber warning for Gnosall tomorrow - https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/...ate=2017-12-10
Looks potentially quite bad..

Mark
Old 9th Dec 2017, 7:35 pm   #3
terry123
Pentode

Hi Mark

I've not long left the hall after dropping of a few things off for tommorrows Radiophile event and the auction is most definetely is on. All the main roads from the M6 up to the Gnosall Village Hall were very clear when I was in the area earlier.

There looks to be some great items in the auction as well.

Best Regards
Terry
Old 9th Dec 2017, 7:41 pm   #4
paulsherwin

The forecast does look a bit grim tomorrow, but hopefully the gritters will be out overnight.

Character building!
Old 9th Dec 2017, 8:31 pm   #5
M6SPW1974
Pentode

I notice Chas has is selling a lot of valves individually, class move, could get interesting with the usual two people that cannot keep their hands down & don't let others get a look in, looking forward to seeing the action take place.
Old 10th Dec 2017, 12:33 pm   #6
YoungManGW
Hexode

Well, I did try to get there, but snow at this end ultimately defeated me. I hope everyone has an enjoyable and profitable day.
Regards,
Richard
Old 10th Dec 2017, 12:51 pm   #7
paulsherwin

It's very bad in this part of the world, with closures on the M40 and A34 affecting everyone heading north. Keep safe everybody.
Old 10th Dec 2017, 3:05 pm   #8
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

John, Phil & I had intended to go to Gnosall today, but when setting out from our base in Mid Wales found that we could not even get the car out of the drive and the road through the village is shut anyway.

I hope that everyone had a good time and that a good few managed to make it!

Regards
Trevor.
Old 11th Dec 2017, 5:33 pm   #9
Gridiron
Heptode

I phoned Chas this afternoon as I took some items to Gnosall for the auction on Saturday but chickened out of going on Sunday because of the conditions.
He said around 23 attended and the auction went quite well considering the conditions and he was pleased with the results, auction items generally made good prices.
Mike.
Old 11th Dec 2017, 5:50 pm   #10
paulsherwin

That's great news.
Old 11th Dec 2017, 5:57 pm   #11
GrahamN
Hexode

I spoke to him earlier as well. He was very happy with the auction (despite the conditions), and particularly with the help he got packing up at the end. Next auction is now arranged for 28th January - let's hope the weather improves by then!
Old 12th Dec 2017, 12:14 am   #12
M6SPW1974
Pentode

Yes was a great sale,i was first there as i arrived very early to try & beat the worst of the bad weather,the roads were very sketchy around the Stafford - Gnosall area,it was like the roads had never seen a gritter,a bit precarious in places i can tell you that & i was in a Mini Paceman 4x4.

Myself,Glyn & Big Al & a few others stopped until the very end to help clear up,the usual "one" from Wembley who buys all the valves had no interest in helping and was to busy complaining to Chas about something about his bill rather than getting stuck in despite him making bucket loads out of Chas,probably had too many Peroni's that i saw him drinking while he was bidding

My only complaint was myself & my friend Glyn bought a few of the valves that were being sold individually,the ones we bought were sold as being tested as 80% good & new,some of them were barely in the good on my valve tester & Glynn said it was the same at his end with the valve he had bought,all i can say is i won't be buying any of those valves being sold seperately again,just not worth the risk.

Last edited by M6SPW1974; 12th Dec 2017 at 12:21 am.
Old 12th Dec 2017, 8:43 am   #13
GrahamN
Hexode

I'm not sure where Chas got the descriptions of the valves from, but I'm sure he said that the tested ones had been done very recently, so it's a bit concerning if they don't test as described. Can you pm me with auction lot numbers and the results of your tests? I am out all day today, but will speak to Chas on Wednesday to try and clear this up.

Thanks
Old 12th Dec 2017, 8:32 pm   #14
M6SPW1974
Pentode

Hi Graham,sent you x3 messages pal including a picture of one of the valves being tested, Cheers

Last edited by M6SPW1974; 12th Dec 2017 at 8:56 pm.
Old 14th Dec 2017, 5:33 pm   #15
M6SPW1974
Pentode

All sorted & resolved now,wouldn't expect anything less from Chas
Closed Thread